There are a number of issues when restaurants are not paid. The process for food is as follows:
- Three-bids — schools are required to get three bids for food purchases over $250; therefore you submit your quote
- Purchase Order — your restaurant is selected and the school generates a purchase order over $250
- Certify Delivery — you deliver the food and the school purchasing agent certified delivery in FAMIS
- It is not over —
- Invoice – you need to forward your invoice to Accounts Payable, with the Purchase Order number written on the invoice; if you indicate the Borough, it speeds up processing
- Related Documents — Accounts Payable will not release payment, until the school provides related documents. For example, if the food is for a Parent Association Meeting, the required documents are the agenda and signature sheet of the parents.